Most people know that there are two different diabetes. Yet not all understand the difference between them. In both these diabetes, blood sugar levels can become very high. It is because the body does not produce insulin or it does not properly use insulin. Insulin is a hormone regulating blood sugar. The problem is almost the same in both diabetes. But they come with different causes and ways of treating them. We will also discuss different types of diabetes medicines.
Signs of type-1 diabetes
If you or your dear ones show starting signs of diabetes, then visit a doctor:
- Frequent urination
- Increased thirst
- Unexplained loss of weight
- Weakness and fatigue
- Blurred vision
Signs of type-2 diabetes
If you are experiencing these symptoms below, get medical help:
- Too much thirst
- Frequent urination
- Blurred vision
- Itchy skin
- Increased hunger
Risk factors of type-1 diabetes
The risk factors for type-1 diabetes are less clear than that for type-2 diabetes. Here are some of its known risk factors.
- Family history: If you have a parent or sibling with this type of diabetes, you are at a higher risk to develop it.
- Age: This diabetes can affect you at any age. Yet it is most common among kids and adolescents.
Risk factors of type-2 diabetes
You are at a risk to develop type-2diabete if you:
- Have too much belly fat
- Are obese
- Have pre-diabetes or slightly high levels of blood sugar
- Are physically less active for less than thrice weekly
- Are aged above 45 years
- Ever had gestational diabetes, during pregnancy
- Have an immediate family member with type-2 diabetes
- Have Polycystic ovary syndrome
Ways of treating type-1 diabetes:
- Check your blood sugar: If you have diabetes it means you must be becoming familiar with healthy levels of blood sugar and regularly checking yours. Based on the particular recommendation of your doctor, you may require checking it 4-10 times every day. You will use a glucometer for measuring it. Another option is having a constant glucose monitor that automatically measures the blood sugar every few minutes using a sensor that is inserted underneath your skin.
- Use insulin: As your body does not produce insulin on its own, so you need to get it in another way. There are some ways to take insulin such as regular injections or maybe a wearable insulin pump that delivers small and steady dosages of quick-acting insulin all through the day via a thin tube.
- Have a balanced diet: You do not need to be very restrictive. But watch for carbohydrates in your foods. Ensure that you consistently eat them and do not overeat. If you are using a fixed amount of insulin, it is important to keep your intake of carbohydrates consistent.
- Exercise: Stay active. It is necessary for your health. But for people having type-1 diabetes, it will help to keep your levels of blood sugar in check and cause your body to more efficiently use insulin.
Ways of treating type-2 diabetes:
People having type-2 diabetes do not require using insulin often unlike type-1 diabetes. It is because a small amount of insulin is still produced by their bodies. Though there are drugs like Forxiga 10mg(Dapagliflozin), and Metformin available to help to lower the level of blood sugar, the main ways of treating type-2 diabetes are:
- Balanced diet: Having vegetables and fruits along with lean proteins and whole grains while avoiding more than the high-sugar, high-fat food occasionally is the first and most important step to treat it.
- Exercise: Stay active. There are different ways of getting exercise. Try various activities to get hold of a type of exercise you like and add it to the weekly routine.
- Weight loss: If you eat healthy and exercise, you will lose weight. Weight loss is less about the number shown on the scale and highly about looking after your body and lowering the pressure on your pancreas.
- Monitoring blood sugar: Check it regularly and make it a part of your everyday routine. Stay updated on how the levels are throughout the day. Adjust the food and all activities accordingly. After a while, you will find out the routine and balance that will work best for you.
Drugs to treat type-2 diabetes
Dapagliflozin or Forxiga 10mg, Trajenta 5mg, Bigomet 250mg, Glizid 80mg, Piozone 30mg, Januvia 25mg, and Glypride 1mg are some of the drugs that doctors recommend to treat type-2 diabetes. They lower levels of blood sugar. These drugs block SGLT-2’s action. It is there in your kidney. The drugs will remove excess sugar from your body. It happens via your urine. Use these drugs in the dose and duration your doctor mentioned. Sometimes he may start with a lower dose like Forxiga 5mg in case of a liver problem. Swallow the whole tablet. Buy Forxiga online and you should avoid chewing it. Do not crush or break it. You may take it with your meal. You may not have any food while using Forxiga 10mg.
Things to remember when using drugs for type-2 diabetes
- Drugs like Forxiga 10mg are alone used or along with other drugs for diabetes for controlling blood sugar and avoiding any long-term complications.
- Try maintaining good hygiene.
- If you suffer from constant dizziness, joint pain, nausea, or cold-like symptoms your doctor must know.
- It may cause your body to lose much fluid or you may be more often urinating. So have water and stay hydrated.
- Carry some fruit juice or sugary food if you experience symptoms like anxiety, cold sweats, tremor, or cool pale skin.
- You should be driving if you stay mentally focused. If you are not physically stable then also do not drive. If you suffer from drowsiness after using these drugs, you must not drive or use any vehicle or machine.
- It may cause loss of weight in some people. But Forxiga weight loss is a very uncommon side effect. If you suddenly gain weight or face weight issues, tell your doctor.
- Using drugs like metformin only may lower blood sugar for many people. But if you add Forxiga(Dapagliflozin)10mg to such a drug therapy it may give better control over the increased blood sugar levels in many people. So your doctor may ask you to take both drugs and have the extra assistance you need.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking Forxiga (Dapagliflozin) 10mg before any surgery. You may require quitting taking it before your operation because you may be at a risk to develop any serious condition that may happen if you are not treating high blood sugar.
- If you suddenly quit using Forxiga for diabetes then it may worsen your diabetes. Inform your doctor if a symptom makes you worried or if you go through no huge improvement in your condition. Your doctor may ask you to take other drugs which may more effectively treat diabetes.
Type-2 diabetes is very common compared to type-1. Type-1 is a genetic disorder that affects a person early in his life. Type-2 diabetes develops over time, mostly due to diet. In both these diabetes, your body will not produce sufficient insulin for properly regulating the blood sugar for various reasons. If you are showing symptoms, you can do tests for diabetes and measure your blood sugar for the last 2-3 months. Manage and treat type-2 diabetes with anti-diabetics like Forxiga 10mg.