Brand Name : Protonix
Generic Name : Sildenafil 20mg
Manufacturer : Various
Presentation : Tablet
Delivery Days : 10 working days
Quantity : 30 Pills
What is Sildenafil 20 mg?
It treats Erectile Dysfunction in men. Sildenafil 20mg is a PDE5 inhibitor that blocks the enzymes making it more challenging for blood vessels to get dilated and freely circulate through the body.
What is Sildenafil 20 mg used for?
This drug is used to treat ED or male impotence. It is a condition where the male organ does not get hard and expand during sexual stimulation. Due to ED, a man is unable to hold an achieved penile erection.
How does Sildenafil 20 mg work?
It works and relaxes the penile blood vessels. Thus it increases the flow of blood into the penis during sexual arousal. It helps you to get and maintain an erect and hard penile erection perfect for sex.
How long does Sildenafil 20mg take to work?
The total time it takes to work will vary from one man to another. Normally Sildenafil 20mg takes 30-60 minutes. Yet it may take more time to begin working if you have a heavy meal. The effects of this drug may last for almost 3-4 hours.
The dosage will depend on the age and medical condition of the man who takes it. Your doctor will provide you with some instructions about the dosage. Check them before taking Sildenafil 20mg. If you have any doubts ask him or call your doctor. A low dosage is given by doctors to men. It is usually when they start to use it for their impotence. Depending on its effectiveness the dosage will get changed. Take any missed dosage of this drug when you remember about it. But if your next dosage is already scheduled then skip the missed dosage. Take your normal tablet.
How should you use Sildenafil 20 mg?
- Sometimes your doctor may ask you to take a glass of water. Then dissolve a tablet. After that drink the solution for treating the male disorder.
- Men suffering from serious Erectile Dysfunction must have 1 tablet each day.
- You must maintain a 24-hour gap between two Sildenafil 20mg dosages.
When should I use Sildenafil 20mg?
- Use it about an hour before you decide to have sex. Swallow the whole tablet with water.
- Let your doctor know if you feel that the effect of this drug is very strong or weak.
When you should not use Sildenafil 20 mg?
- Any man having an allergy to Sildenafil 20mg should avoid it.
- People with kidney and liver problems or heart issues should take it under a doctor's guidance.
- Do not drink alcohol while using it. Its effectiveness will get decreased.
- Do not use it if you are taking any nitrate drug or blood pressure-lowering drugs containing nitrates.
- You should not use it to treat premature ejaculation. This drug will not have any beneficial effects.
Side effects of Sildenafil 20 mg
Side effects may occur once you take Sildenafil 20 mg. They may occur at first and then with regular intake will reduce and finally stop. A lot of men may not face any side effects. A few common side effects are:
Uncommon side effects:
- Bladder pain
- Bloody urine
- Tenderness in the stomach area
Rare side effects:
- Chest pain
- Blurred vision
- Eye bleeding
- Cold sweats
- Sore throat
What should you do if you suffer from side effects?
- Medical help is not needed for most of its side effects. It is because they disappear once the individual's body becomes adjusted to them.
- But if the side effects continue affecting you, then get medical help.
- Sildenafil 20mg does not cause serious side effects.
- But in rare cases, it may.
- Always discuss this with the doctor. Become aware of various ways to prevent and lower its side effects.
What are the interactions of Sildenafil 20 mg?
Drug interaction may be altering how your ED drug works. It may increase your risk for severe side effects.
- Recreational drugs
- Alpha-blocker drugs
- Azole antifungals
- HIV protease inhibitors
- Macrolide antibiotics
- Abnormal penis
- Irregular heartbeat
- Low or high blood pressure
- Retinal disorders
- Heart failure
- Stomach ulcer
- Pomelo juice
- Grapefruit juice
What are the precautions you must take while using Sildenafil 20 mg?
- If you are taking any other drugs, inform your doctor about it. Some drugs react with Sildenafil 20mg and cause adverse effects.
- So be responsible and tell your doctor about the current drugs.
- Also, provide all information about prescription and non-prescription drugs. Let the doctor know about anything you are currently taking.
- Overdosing will have serious health issues. So do not do it.
- Only your doctor must increase the dosage. He may decrease it if required. You should not try it.
Things to remember
- The drug gets prescribed to those men who are suffering from erectile problems. Hence everyone should not take it. Consult a doctor before you use Sildenafil 20mg. If your doctor prescribed it, you should not share it with anyone having similar impotence symptoms.
- Once you start using it, take it every day and get the best results.
- The effect of this drug will differ from one man to another. So be aware of each possible side effect and then start taking it.
- If you face any side effects, do not neglect them. Tell the doctor that he will change the dosage of Sildenafil 20mg.
- You should not self-medicate. Do not increase the dosage. If you do so you will become dependent on the drug and then you will find it difficult to stop taking it.
How should you store Sildenafil 20 mg?
- Choose a cool place and keep it completely dry with moisture or heat and light. Keep your Sildenafil 20mg medicine in such a place.
- Do not let your kids touch this drug.
- Your pets should not come in its contact.
- Throw away expired medications carefully.
Frequently asked questions
I want to order Sildenafil 20mg. Can I get it without a prescription?
No. You must get a prescription from your doctor before using Sildenafil 20 mg. Your doctor will only prescribe it if he judges that it will be beneficial for you to use it.
Can I use Sildenafil 20mg as often as I wish?
No. You should not use it more than one time daily. If you use more than the prescribed dosage then you may face an increase in a few side effects and their severity. Such side effects are headache, flushing, and stomach upset. Pain in the muscle, blurred vision and allergic reactions may also occur. Tell your doctor if this drug does not aid you to get a penile erection or if attained erection does not last for long to complete sex.
Why is Sildenafil 20mg’s use contraindicated with nitrates?
Using this drug is harmful to men who take nitrates or drugs to lower blood pressure. This is because their combined use will cause a serious fall in blood pressure. It can result in death. Yet if you need to take these drugs together then you must maintain a gap of 24 hours between the intake of Sildenafil 20mg and blood pressure-lowering drugs.
Can I use Sildenafil 20mg for my entire life?
Sildenafil 20mg is a prescription drug. You should only use it for the duration your doctor mentioned.